What is hardest – getting published, writing or marketing?
What marketing works for you?
A mix of different channels across the digital spectrum. The OB tour is a great way to connect with people who are specifically interested in the things I write about such as leadership, HR Organisational Development, business transformation and change
Do you find it hard to share your work?
Not at all
Is your family supportive? Do your friends support you?
They are always supportive. But writing and publishing is a mystery to most, so they tend to be awestruck by the whole process
Do you plan to publish more books?
Absolutely. I have moved into a publishing model instead of an author model nowadays. A number of books are in the pipeline. The next title in the current series will be the Accountability Workbook – a companion guide to my current best seller on Accountability Leadership.
What else do you do to make money, other than write? It is rare today for writers to be full time…
I am a management consultant and executive coach. I work with CEOs and senior executives to design and direct programs of strategy development, enterprise transformation and change. It’s true that many writers find it difficult to sustain a full time writing career. That’s why I am shifting my business model from writing to publishing.
What other jobs have you had in your life?
Management Consultant, Human Resources Director, Theme Park Owner, Native Animal Rehabilitator
Accountability Leadership Saves Tech Company
In 2005, HCL Technologies was in trouble.
The Delhi-based IT firm was losing market share, as competitors grew by 50% annually.
By 2009, HCL’s president, Vineet Nayar had turned the company around, nearly tripling annual revenues and doubling market capitalisation despite the recession.
Nayar accomplished all this through a top-down culture of accountability, beginning with the leadership qualities of himself—the CEO—and other senior managers.
The Rules Of Accountability Have Changed
Great business leaders understand that acceptance of greater personal accountability and responsibility leads organisations back on the path to success.
But with the evolving nature of 21st century business, the practical steps that go into creating a high performance culture of accountability have become more muddled than ever.
Many organisations have seen temporary improvements, implementing traditional systems of accountability in an attempt to drive high performance in the workplace—only to quickly revert back to their old ways, or worse.
Accountability Leadership Will Teach You:
- What it really takes to lead a high performance culture of accountability
- Why so many of today’s employees avoid personal accountability and responsibility like the plague, and how to reverse that trend
- How to sustain great performance through inspiring feedback, feed-forward and follow-through
- What an accountability plan is, how to create one, and why it’s considered the “secret weapon” behind successful business transformation
Filled with real world case studies and straightforward, easy to digest research, Accountability Leadership offers practical solutions that are direct, engaging, fast, cost-effective, proven, and easy to implement...
Immediate, Concrete Solutions You’ll Take Away From This Book Include:
- How to transform the “dark side” of accountability into a positive force for change
- Why carrots and sticks no longer work—and what they’ve been replaced with
- How to create compelling consequences that inspire people to perform at their best, and achieve the ultra productive workstate known as “flow”
- Crack the code of high accountability conversations, turning confrontation into a productive and positive opportunity
Accountability Leadership Also Sheds Light On Topics Like...
- How negativity bias covertly sabotages your feedback loop with your employees
- The optimal ratio for positive to negative comments in feedback
- The right amount of autonomy to give employees—without overdoing it
- What lack of recognition is really doing to your workforce (hint: it’s staggering)
- The surprising biochemical effect of praise, and why it cannot fail
Plus, You’ll Also Receive A Special Bonus
Reader’s can claim an exclusive 20-minute podcast interview with top-rated thought leader Marshall Goldsmith, sharing his powerful experiences and groundbreaking ideas on coaching for accountability leadership—absolutely free.
A Personal Message From The Author
Accountability is arguably the number-one issue that makes or breaks leadership performance today. Yet most of us were never taught this critical skill—not by our parents, teachers or business leaders.
The good news is, accountability can be coached.
The ideas in this book draw from extensive research and 25 years experience working with executives to improve performance through high accountability.
These ideas work.
Buy Now @ Amazon
Genre - Business, Leadership, Workplace Behaviour, Human Resources, Executive Coaching
Rating – PG
More details about the author