Dreaming in the Pages

Books ... where dreams are better than reality

Broken Pieces

Jack Canon's American Destiny

Friday, August 16, 2013

Author Interview – Justin Blaney

Who is your favorite author?

Ken Follett is one author I can count on for a good tale, but I have a hard time naming a favorite. I enjoyed both of Patrick Rothfuss’s first two books. I really liked Karen Miller’s The Innocent Mage and The Awakened Mage. In children’s literature I love almost all of Mo Willems’ work.

What book genre of books do you adore?

I don’t use the word adore very much, but I like thrillers and young adult fantasy quite a bit. I don’t know if this is a book genre, but I really enjoy psychological thriller movies like The Game with Michael Douglas and Fight Club.

What book should everybody read at least once?

In their lifetime everyone should read Dr. Seuss’s Oh, the Places You’ll Go.

Are there any books you really don’t enjoy?

I have a hard time with books written in a language other than English since I don’t really understand what’s going on.

What do you hope your obituary will say about you?

I hope that my obituary will convey that I was known for caring about people, living generously, and that I left behind a legacy of children and grandchildren who are known for the same. And that I drank a lot of coffee, but it didn’t kill me.

Evan Burl

My father abandoned me when I was an infant.
My friends have turned against me.
My uncle beats me.
The most powerful men in the world want me dead.
They all have one thing in common.
They think I’m turning into a monster.

I’m starting to worry they’re right.

Genre - Young Adult

Rating – PG

facebook_ad_3 200

Connect with Justin Blaney on his website

0 comments:

Post a Comment