Dreaming in the Pages

Books ... where dreams are better than reality

Broken Pieces

Jack Canon's American Destiny

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Never Give In To Fear by Marti MacGibbon

Never Give in to Fear: Laughing All the Way Up From Rock BottomNever Give in to Fear: Laughing All the Way Up From Rock Bottom by Marti MacGibbon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Were the characters and their problems believable? Since this is a memoir, readers only have the author’s side of the story. I have always been told there are three sides to a story, your side, my side and the truth. We have to take the author’s word that the story is correct. Do I doubt the author? No, not really. I do questions some of the irrational things she went thru or allowed to happen in her life.

Consider the main character: what does he or she believe in? The main character is Marti. During most of the book, I believe the author would have killed if that was the only way to get that next high.

Have you had a life changing revelation from reading this text? Life changing, no I have not. Wondering if I can help someone that has a drug problem then, yes. I have questioned this several times.

What would the main character be likely to do if s/he visited? This all depends, will we see the Marti that was addicted to drugs or the Marti that is in recovery. I personally would not be interested in meeting the Marti on drugs. I would love to meet the Marti that is in recovery, hear the story from her, see her on stage, or watch her witness to others that are suffering with addiction.



Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment