Dreaming in the Pages

Books ... where dreams are better than reality

Broken Pieces

Jack Canon's American Destiny

Friday, July 19, 2013

Review: Her Books Presents: Book Club Picks by Multiple Authors

Her Books Presents: Book Club PicksHer Books Presents: Book Club Picks by Steena Holmes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What kind of book is this? I loved each and every sample in this book and if I had to pick one, I would choose The Tree of Everlasting Knowledge by Christine Nolfi. It is fiction story that has a very Nora Roberts feel to the story and Nolfi is an excellent novelist.

What was the author's purpose or purposes in writing this book? The Fagan family lost their son Jason 15 years ago when he was murdered. Now, when their other son is supervising renovations, Ourania who is a family friend, finds letters that can change their lives. I think the purpose of this book is to highlight the importance of family and how much damage secrets is caused from keeping secrets.

If you could continue the story, what events would you include? I don't think this story needs any further additions. The characters were well-developed, the plot flowed from beginning to end in a strong, non-predictable manner and each scene left this reader with a lasting impression.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author.


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment